The “alternative” Coast to Coast ride opened to celebrate 15 years of Sustrans in Sept 2010.
The 170 mile Way of the Roses cycle route takes you from the west coast at Morecambe in Lancashire (The Red Rose), through the Lune Valley, over the Yorkshire Dales and along the Yorkshire Wolds before reaching the east coast in the Yorkshire seaside town of Bridlington (The White Rose).
On the way you will pass through the lovely towns of Settle, Pately Bridge, Ripon and Driffiend as well as the beautiful and historic city of York.
This is a ride with some significant climbs, especially around the Settle and Pately Bridge areas, though not technically challenging it is suitable for all riders with a reasonable level of experience and fitness.
Cycle Route Highlights
- Fountains Abbey & Studley Royal World Heritage Site (National Trust)
- Stump Cross Caverns
- The City of York & York Minster
- Stunning scenery around every corner
MAP & LOCATION
DATES & PRICES
Generally our package deals are “bespoke” to the individuals, however please find detailed below some of our more standard requests, though we can tailor any package to your requirements:
|No of Riders||No of Nights||No of days riding||Price|
|Up to 4||3||3||£375|
|5 or more||3||3||£325|
|Up to 4||4||4||£445|
|5 or more||4||4||£395|
|Up to 4||5||5||£525|
|5 or more||5||5||£475|
|Solo Rider supplement||50%|
|Cycle Hire – Giant Escape or Giant Alight Hybrid – 3 days||£75.00|
|Electri Bike Hire – 3 days||£125.00|
– Prices are based on 2 people sharing a twin or double ensuite room on a B&B basis and includes baggage transfers, maps, route notes, emergency recovery and transfers
– For numbers greater than 8 or for families sharing a family room please call
– Additional nights before or after, or stop overs during your trip can be added
– We can tailor any package to fit your specific requirements
We do offer discounts for family groups with younger children where they are sharing a family room – just contact us to find out more!
BOOK THIS HOLIDAY
Leave your details below to book a holiday and a member of our
booking team will be in touch to confirm the booking and to take