The Sandstone Way is a relatively new cycle route, opened in 2015 from Berwick upon Tweed to Hexham and taking you through some of the more rural, rugged and beautifully unspoilt areas of Northumberland.
The route follows a natural sandstone ridge and can be ridden either north to south or south to north.
Designed solely as a MTB route, this should not be attempted on anything other than a decent MTB bike.
Cycle Route Highlights
- Breathtaking views from start to finish
- Challenging riding in the middle sections
- The stunning island of Lindisfarne (Holy Island) which gets cut off by the tide twice a day
- St Cuthberts Cave, Cragside House, Wallington Hall
MAP & LOCATION
Suggested 4 Day Itinerary (North to South). Please remember this is your holiday, we can tailor
any package to fit your requirements and agenda.
DATES & PRICES
Generally our package deals are “bespoke” to the individuals, however please find detailed below some of our more standard requests, though we can tailor any package to your requirements:
|No of Riders||No of Nights||No of days riding||Price|
|Up to 4||3||3||£295|
|Up to 8||3||3||£275|
|Up to 4||4||4||£345|
|Up to 8||4||4||£325|
|Up to 4||5||5||£395|
|Up to 8||5||5||£375|
|Solo Rider supplement||+50%|
|Cycle Hire – Giant Escape or Giant Alight Hybrid – 3 days||£75.00|
|Electri Bike Hire – 3 days||£125.00|
– Prices are based on 2 people sharing a twin or double ensuite room on a B&B basis and includes baggage transfers, maps, route notes, emergency recovery and transfers
– For numbers greater than 8 or for families sharing a family room please call
– Additional nights before or after, or stop overs during your trip can be added
– We can tailor any package to fit your specific requirements
We do offer discounts for family groups with younger children where they are sharing a family room – just contact us to find out more!
BOOK THIS HOLIDAY
Leave your details below to book a holiday and a member of our
booking team will be in touch to confirm the booking and to take